Thursday, June 10, 2010

M.I.A.

Thats me. For 6 days I have had no life. For 6 days I have pretty much stayed locked up in my house. For 6 days I have been poured my blood, sweat and tears (this more than the others) into potty training!!!!!!!!

I NEED Madelynn to be potty trained by the time the baby comes that way we DO NOT have 3 in diapers. I figured no one else was doin it but me so I better get on the ball... cuz the further along I get in this pregnancy, the worse off, less energized I'm gonna be! Kinsey told me about this 3 day potty training deal... and it turned out to be a pretty ok thing. If you know someone that may be potty training soon, or may not, I think every momma should definitely at least check it out and see if its something you would be interested in doing. She (3 day potty trainig lady) doesn't define what she means by in 3 days, your child will be potty trained. If it means on day 4, you can walk out the front door and not worry a second about them having any more accidents then no, sounds to good to be true.. and that is to good to be true. If she means by day 3 your child will know when she needs to potty and will have few to no accidents.. BUT you still have to work your ever loving heart out working with them. Then yes, I would say its well worth it. www.3daypottytraining.com. I'll forewarn you, it is hard core. Your life will literally stop for 3 (or more) days, and you might go a little crazy.

Basically, in a nut shell, you do not do anything for 3 (or more) days but follow your little potty train-ee around all day long and catch the accidents and run them to the potty. It is exhausting!!!!!!! Maybe a little more so for me than the average mom. You don't "try" to potty. You GO potty. She pretty much tells you to get everything in order before you start, laundry, cleaning, possible childcare for other children (which I strongly recommend) and even suggests NOT COOKING DINNER... You bet I milked that one. (LOL).... and just from experience, you literally can't do anything if its done right. Dishes set, beds remain un-made, floors go un-vacuumed, laundry stays dirty, Heck- I even forgot to feed the dog (at her normal time). Of course, come night time when Madelynn goes to bed. I do everything that I would have done throughout the day but didn't have time to do.

I kept a little record of it that way I could have it to look back to with future train-ees.

Tuesday- Madelynn and I went on a potty date. It consisted of talking about how awesome it is to go in the BIG potty. We got a new awesome bus likyur (buzz lightyear) potty chair. (Not sure if I have told you or not but Madelynn is obsessed with Toy Story right now. What better time than now when TS3 comes out??) We also got lots of potty prizes. Just cheap little fun things that Madelynn loves.

Wednesday- Woke up, ate breakfast and talked a lot about pottyin' and explained that today was the day that we were only going to wear big girl panties. Took the diaper off, threw it away (she suggests throwing ALL diapers away... but having a child in the same size diaper, I wasn't about to throw any away)!!! and explained that we were done with diapers and only sister could wear them cuz she was a baby.

-Put our first pair of panties, 10:00
-From morning until nap time (2:00) she only had 2 accidents and never went in the potty.
-Woke up from 3 hour nap dry. Still not going in the potty.
-From about 5pm-7pm she probably had 20 accidents. Still not going in the potty. It was horribly frustrating and so tempting to put a diaper on her. I didn't.
-Around 7ish, she FINALLY went in the potty. From then until bed time, she pottied once more and had several more accidents.
-Pottied once before bed. Went to bed.

Thursday- Woke up at 7:30 DRY!!! Daddy took her to the potty, she went.
-Came back in bed with me. Slept till 10, woke up saying potty. Went in the potty.
-Around noon I could just tell she needed to go poo-poo. Went in the bathroom and did her business first try! YEA!!!! Can't get much better than that.
-About 1 or so she released ALL of her pee. Not just little tinkles. (Thats a big step!!!) and has ever since then.
-Has had all of 5 little accidents today. Little meaning not full blown, but little leaks here and there.
-Didn't have any accidents after nap time(4:00, which she woke up dry from.)
-Pottied twice before bed. Bed at 9:30

Friday- Woke up @ 9:00. DRY!! Went potty.
-Potty right before nap. Woke up dry. went potty.
-5:15 Started acting like she needed to go poopoo. Ran to the potty. Did her thing on the potty!!
-Only had 1 accident all day!!!!!!! Went in the potty many many times.

We HAD to get outta the house so that her and I could stay sane so we did a test of outta the house pottying and went over to my moms house and basically she did nothing. Wouldn't go potty... and didn't until the next day around noon. So I'm not sure if that totally just threw her off or what.

Days 4, 5, and 6 Have been completely AWFUL!!!!!!!! Still having very few accidents.. but it is complete torture to get her to go potty. She KNOWS where, and when she needs to potty, But she won't tell me she needs to potty. I have to watch her every single little move and follow her around until I see that she needs to potty. By day 3, I figured out her potty signs and when she needs to go just by watching her. She is completely rebelling. She is acting out like she never has before, and is not the pleasant little Madelynn we all know and love. She cries and kicks and screams when I set her on the potty. She ignores me. I have been stretched to my limits as a pregnant lady. A big thing in this 3 day potty training is love and patience. Of which I have ZERO of. But what do you do?? There is no way in heaven were going backwards and putting a diaper back on her. I just am really hoping that once she gets past this rebellious crap, she will have got it.

Anyways..... Just another little step in this thing called parenting. Why can't they just stay 18 months forever!?!?! Such a fun age without a care in the world. Got the paci, got the diaper and life is good. Pray for us!! I know that I make it harder on her getting so frustrated and not having any patience. But, like I said, I have been stretched to my limits! I definitely need a fresh wind.

I am very proud of her and how far she has come in 6 days! I just hope things turn for the better really soon so that I can have my Madelynn back.. only a big girl Madelynn, in big girl panties.

And I must tell you about my little baby Payton!!!! On Wednesday, she stood up in the middle of the living room and walked to me! It was about 4 steps but oh my was it wonderful!! If she could calm down her excitement.. she could walk a mile. But, she gets so excitedly overwhelmed that she cant control her body. Its funny. I have a feeling she will be walking in no time. She so badly wants to be like Madelynn. You can just see it in her eyes when they are playing. She crawls so fast and still can't catch up with Madelynn and she gets so upset about it. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see them running around together.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow. I admire you! That sounds like a nightmare and although we were thinking of going for it on Benj's next 96 you are making me second guess it all! Thanks for the tips, though!
    So cool that Payton is walking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck!! potty training is not for the weak! and they STILL have accidents even after they are trained soooo just be ready for that! i have to commend you though just stick with it she will get it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...