Monday, June 21, 2010

Update on life

Madelynn- I'm proud to report, is doing very well with potty training!! I would like to eat my words right now and NOT suggest the 3 day potty training thing. I just honestly think that it is to much for momma and for the toddler. Maybe when they're way older it might work... but I am going to go ahead and not agree with the idea. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Most days are pretty good.. usually only 1 or 2 accidents. She most of the time tells me that she needs to go potty, she even told me the other day when we were driving in the car!!! We stopped at a public restroom (SICK!!!!!!!!) and she actually pottied! I was sooooo proud of her. I told Nat that from now on, were gonna get just a small, cheap little potty chair and keep it in the back of the suburban for times like that. Yesterday we stayed out pretty much all day and she didn't have an accident until around 7 or so, and that was at my parents house, which I have decided is going to be the next big hoo-rah to get over. There is just way to much fun and craziness going on at mimi and papa's house for her to stop and think about pottying. I am so proud of her. I still get a tad frustrated from time to time, but I think we are in the long stretch.

Payton- Was 10 months yesterday!!! Seriously?!? I feel like I JUST blogged about 9 months. I keep re-counting the months cuz it does not feel like another month has passed. June has flown by!!!! Anyways... not much has really changed from 9 months to 1o other than her standing up and walking whenever she gets the chance. She still crawls majority of the time but walks as absolute much as her little feet will take her. I imagine it will be in the next couple weeks that she'll take off walking. Kinda crazy to think that Madelynn didn't even fathom doing such a thing as walking until she was 16 months.. and now here is little Payton who will more than likely be walking before she is 1. I have a good video of her walking and some pictures, but I left my camera at my preants house so I'll maybe someday share it.

Nat- Had a wonderful fathers day yesterday!! I surprised him with a new pair of boots which was a hit!!! Remember this post about how he ruins EVERYTHING I try to surprise him with... well on Saturday night, he got this wild hair and started talking to me about he wanted some new boots (which he has been needing for awhile, but why talk to me about it now?!?!) and wanted us to go to Blairs to look at some boots and I was like NOOOOOOO!!! Anyways, after about a 2 hour conversation about boots and what color boots he wanted and me talking him out of wanting new boots at that given moment. I ended up being able to surprise him on Sunday morning.

Me- I made it to 28 weeks yesterday, which means I am in the last, and final trimester!!!!! The long stretch. I hope it flies by! The little boy seems to be growing great and is still very active. I just love the feeling of an active baby. That is one thing I miss so much when I'm not pregnant. I had to do the glucose test last week and it once again came back high so I had to go back and do the long, 3 hour test. All the test results came back normal so that was a huge relief! I start to go to the Dr. every 2 weeks now. That is always exciting cuz it means your that much closer to the end. It is also a pain because having 2 kids at home means having to find someone to watch them for all those appointments. I have lots of Birthday stuff to plan. Nat and Madelynn's in July, and Paytons in August. Once the baby is born, we'll have birthdays in July x2, August, September, and October. Were gonna have to take out a loan for birthdays every year! :)

The girls start at moms day out tomorrow and it has been hard for me to think about it. Why in the heck is it so hard to leave your kids?!?! I am looking forward to the break every week, but my gosh, why can't it be easier than it is?!?! I am hoping that it just goes fantastic and it will be easier from here on out. I am anxious to see how Madelynn does, not only with being left with someone she doesn't know and a bunch of kids... but how she does with potty training. I really really REALLY hope that her teacher will work with her and not just let it go. I have seen both kinds of teachers in my life. Anyways... maybe I'll have time tomorrow to blog again.. or maybe not. I haven't totally decided what I want to do with my time. I am thinking about getting started on birthday shopping!!

Hopefully there won't be such a long gap before I blog next and hopefully I'll find my camera soon and you'll have pictures and video to look forward to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...