Sunday, June 27, 2010

Some BIG news

Well well well, where do I even begin?!?! Our life has turned upside down and round and round. First off moms day out went well. A lot better than I thought it would! Madelynn did just fine when I left her and Payton cried for a second and was over it. Both of their teachers said they did great! Madelynn apparently didn't do to fantastic in the potty department but with 1 teacher and umpteen toddlers guess I can't expect to much. Apparently she said it had been a crazy day and that next week should be better. Lets hope, because she is doing soooo good at home. I would go ahead and dub her potty trained at home. Now we just gotta work on walking out the front door.

While the girls were there on Tuesday, I was in the middle of getting my hair cut and I got a phone call. Not the kinda phone call that you wanna get while sitting in the chair, getting a nice relaxing hair cut. I know what your thinking, who actually answers their phone when they're getting a hair cut?!?! For some reason (GOD) she told me to go ahead and answer it since she was working on the back of my hair. It was Nathaniel, and he had a thrill about his voice. He proceeds to tell me how he just got a phone call for a job that he had applied for about 2 years ago. He has been in touch with the potential job throughout the 2 years but it has just never worked out. The job is in New Mexico, and I need to make a decision, right then and there as to if he can tell him yes or no. Not cool. Not something you wanna remotely think about when your 9 weeks from having a new born baby. Since this is something that we have been praying about for awhile now, I knew that it was an answer from God and I didn't really have a choice as to what I told him.

God answered our prayers and our needs, maybe not exactly what I wanted.... but Its in His hands, and He knows what He is doing by moving us away from our families to New Mexico. We are excited to see what the future holds for us there. So many doors have been closed in the past that we just looked at each other and asked WHY??? But, now it all makes sense as to why. I know that it is so relieving to Nat to not have to even remotely worry about financially supporting his 3 kids.. and that to me is worth it all.

The job is with a company called Pason. It is oil field stuff. Nat has a brother and a sister that live down there so we will not be alone and for that I am so thankful! The week of the 12, we (me and the girls) will move back out to our house out in Mertzon, to save some money up for a home in NM. On the 18th (I think) of July, Nat will leave for a week of orientation in CO. (which I'm jealous about, why can't I go?!?! Even sitting in a hotel room in CO for a week is good enough for me.) and then from there, he will be in New Mexico training. So the girls and I will be here alone for about a month until the baby is born. Once he is born, we'll pack the rest of us up and head to NM. Know what that means?? Another move, in the hot summer, and I'm pregnant again, and on top of this Dejavu from last summer, I will be alone, without my husband. SCARY!! I know that I will have tons and tons of help form my family but its just not the same as daddy. He'll be back to visit on his days off and will be back for when the baby is born. So we are hoping ad praying (as much as I dont want to) that he will stay in until the scheduled C-section date. So Nat can be sure and be here for the birth and not have to make a 4 hour trip in 2 hours and potentially miss the birth.

So in the next 3 weeks we have with Nat, he has to finish work at my parents house, we have to pack up our house, move all of our stuff to storage, move the girls and I and necessities to Metzon. Throw an early birthday party for my 3 family members so Nat won't miss the girls' birthdays, not go into labor, prepare my mind for not having my husband around for a month, and not go into labor. Just thinking of doing all this makes me tired and makes me wanna crawl in a hole till its all over with!!

Anyways... so prayers are much needed for our family right now. It will be tough I can tell you that, but I know that I can do it. Nat couldn't be more excited for the opportunity, I am the one who struggles with it. I am slowly warming up to the idea. As you can see, it has taken me 5 days to accept it enough to blog about it. :)

Here are a few pictures that I have been promising for the past several blogs. I have been a picture taking slacker lately!!!

Spaghetti faces!

Payton has gotten to where when I get the camera out, she smiles, or make a goofy face.
Beautiful baby girl.


this picture cracks me up. Madelynn discovered she can get her chair and unlock, and open the door... and apparently everyone in the household was going to go with her.

goofy face from Payton

and at last, here is my little 10 month old doing her walking thing. She is now to the point where she is trying to run! It is hilarious!!! She is about 50/50 walking and crawling. She is almost there.

So that was a lot of Payton, not because I love her more... but simply because Madelynn usually runs and hides when I get my camera out. :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW Mara...that was a BIG news post. Well, sorta sweet and sour on the job for Nat....Praise the Lord for an answer to a good job. And like you we will have remember no matter how many miles apart we are, the Lord is "right" there with us all at the same time.
    I remember the feeling I had, we were moving to Houston, a little over a year into our marriage, we didn't know a soul there, but Ricky was going to start pharmacy school. And we got a BIG surprise about a month before we moved.......I was pregnant with Carrie! So, I know it's a little different, but I wanted you to know, that I will pray for you and that I know what your feeling. Call me for prayer and support whenever you need it!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...