Monday, July 19, 2010

Birthday Party

We had a birthday party for my 3 children (no, I didn't give birth, figure that one out??) Nat called it "The 1,2,3 party" Payton's first, Madelynn's second, and his 23rd. It was wonderful day. Hot and wonderful. Like I had said before, we wanted to go ahead and celebrate the girls birthdays before Nat left.
My baby is almost 2!!!!!!! Tomorrow is her real birthday... and if you missed it last year when I blogged about her birth story, and are a sucker like me of hearing birth stories, here is the story the day before she came.... and since I have a lot on the agenda tomorrow and probably won't have time to sit and blog... this is the day the little blonde headed joy came into our lives.

This is the best I could get of the 2. I have come to find out that you take what you can get when trying to get "good" pictures of your children.

This was Paytons reaction to us setting her little cake in front of her...

she devoured it! I turned around for 2 seconds to cut Nat and Madelynn a piece and by the time I got back over to watch Payton eat her cake it was practically gone. She pretty much ate all that she could and only a few crumbs were left on the plate. It was awesome!

My birthday babies.

Madelynn didn't really even care about the cake. I had some dessert mints out on the tables and she pretty much devoured those. She specifically told me she did not want cake... she wanted mints.

Payton even got in on the opening presents. She was so lively and animated... especially compared to Madelynn last year at her first birthday. She still has another month to go till she is actually 1. I definitely think having an older sibling makes a world of difference from the 1st kid to the second.

Madelynn had a lot of fun seeing all her new goodies. She was so confused as to why we were taking everything from her right after she opened it. How do you explain to a 2 year old that we gotta hurry the process along?!? She did good tho. No horrible 2 year old melt downs.


Stetson got his first pair of work boots. :) Nat is so excited to be having a boy!


They both conked out as soon as we got in the car


I retardedly scheduled the party right smack dab in the middle of nap time... and surprisingly they both did awesome! I know that the sugar from all the cake kept Payton going... not sure what kept Madelynn going tho.

and this... is a priceless video! Madelynn is still really into Toy Story and here nana and papa got her this card. It was one of those music cards and when you opened it, it sang a song on Toy Story... and her reaction was so adorable!! Luckily she kept doing it each time she opened the card so we were able to get it on video. So sweet.

We got all moved in to my parents house yesterday.. and our storage room is packed! So we'll be livin on the bare essentials for a couple months. Do you know how complicated it is to figure out out what to, and what not to bring here for the girls, much less a new born baby. We decided to move me and the girls into my parents house instead of Mertzon that way I can have lots of help these last few months of pregnancy... and lots of help once the baby comes. It will also make being without Nat a little more bearable. Not to mention Madelynn is in hog heaven getting to be with Na Na and Kay Kay. She is a bit thrown off and has had a lot of accidents the past 2 days. Its been hard on her in that area of life. I am hoping things turn around pretty soon.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to all!! Love that sweet little video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B'day to all three! Thanks for posting all this so we, who missed the party, can feel like we were there :)
    take care......i'm hoping the time passes by quickly, so your little family can be together again, soon!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...