Friday, August 27, 2010

First Haircut!!!

I did it!! After months and months of being in denial that my baby needed a haircut, I finally got the courage up to do it. Why is it so difficult to make that first move for a haircut?? I think its because I was nervous about cutting her curls and them not coming back. So many people have told me that once they got that first haircut and cut the curls, they were gone forever. All we did was a little trim and cut the dang hair that curls right into her eye. I did not want to cut bangs on her, but I had to in order for her to function without pulling that hair out of her face every 20 seconds. Her hair was just becoming scraggely and hard to manage.

Here is a good picture of before. C-R-A-Z-Y.
(I am aware of how ridiculous this picture is. Please note the seal is still on the bottle. :)

She was really shy at first and didn't want to have anything to do with what was going on. Once she warmed up, and got a sucker she did great.



Hard to see much of anything, but all finished!!


I didin't really get an after picture because it is just about impossible to get a nice, decent picture of her smiling and being normal. So this is the best I could get.

She looks so cute! Her curls got curlier, and thats just what I wanted!! It was either gonna go one of 2 ways, she was gonna cut what needed to be cut and the weight would be lifted and the curls would go higher, or she was gonna cut it and they would just be gone forever. I'm glad the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...