Saturday, September 11, 2010

Home.

Well... it seems the saying is true. Home is where your heart is... and my heart in in New Mexico. Me and Stetson made a trip to visit with our daddy and look for us a place to live... and Lord willing, we found one!!!! I went down there Wednesday afternoon and we just kinda hung out for a bit and Nat took me to look at this one house that him and his brother had seen while working.

On Thursday, we met with a realtor and she gave us a list of homes to go look at that would be in our price range. We drove around all day looking at the houses and not a one stuck out to either of us... and we were at the end of our list. Nat and I both have this vision of living out in the country, havin a few acres and eventually one day possible getting a horse or 2. Maybe some chickens. So if were gonna go all in and buy a house, THAT is what we are going to want... and THAT was not anywhere on the list. So this in town business just wasn't going to cut it for us. So at the end of our list, we just kinda looked at each other and said "what now????"

This house that Nat and I looked at the night before was on the list of homes for sale... and it was (thankfully) way below our limit. The only reason it wasn't highlighted to look at was because it was only 2 bedrooms. We decided to go back out there and look at the house again just for kicks, and Nat immediately started talking about what he would do to fix things up. The night before he told me that he just felt like this was the one, at the time, I didn't tell him that I felt the same exact way. I just can't explain it. I guess its that feeling that I prayed for.

So we called the realtor and told her that we really were liking this house and she told us we could come get the key and come out and look at the inside. So that we did... and although it is only 2 bedrooms, we just got more and more excited as we walked through the house. It is just a sweet little house. It is a tad bigger than our old house. It has 2 bathrooms which is a way awesome plus!!! A bathroom IN my bedroom. :)

Anyways.. so it is on an acre of land right outside of a town, with no one on either side. There are people behind us a ways but thats it. The realtor said that she knows the people who own the land to the right of us, which is 4 acres, and that she would ask them if they might be interested in selling part, or all to us. Nat was so excited about that. Nat went in and made an offer yesterday so were hoping that they accept it and we can get going with buying it. Were both rally excited. The house has a lot of potential and I can't wait to get goin' on getting things fixed up like we want them (if everything works out.)



I'll show some more pics when we find out for sure if we get it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations on (hopefully) finding the perfect house! And I love the way you are holding Stetson in that picture! Only a third-timer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. It has you guys written ALL over it. And Mary, I saw that too and was like dang, shes totally rockin it all kinds of casual with Stetson! Get it Mama! :-)

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...