Monday, September 13, 2010

Like running a marathon.

Only harder. No, not really. I wouldn't really know what running a marathon is like. But I think that this could compare. You know that thing they call a bath.... well I am finding that with 3 young, small, needy children, bath time gets overlooked from time to time. Nine O'clock rolls around and your like so ready for bedtime you just totally don't care that your child really could use a good scrubbin'. Then there are times when I'm like ok... seriously, its time for a bath, so I throw them all 3 in the tub and we begin the assembly line: wet Stetson's hair. Wet Payton's hair, Wet Madelynn's hair. Shampoo down the line, rinse down the line. Make sure no one drowns down the line. Wrestle Madelynn so I can condition her hair. Bathe, rinse and so on and so on. It is quite the "marathon" in my book.







Miss Independent usually wants to wash her own hair, but can't get the long part... so her and I go round and round till I get the back of her head... making bath time that much more crazy

she also likes to help with Payton.. which is helpful until the soap gets outta control

like so.

Then you gotta get them out one at a time. First Stetson, then back for Madelynn, then back for the crazy one. Line 'em up on the bed.

(Just a little flashback moment...)
my how they've grown... and gained a brother.

Lotion everyone up, put diapers on 2, wrestling with all your might with 1 in particular... I'll let you figure that one out. Panties on the other. Everyone's PJ's on, continue to wrestle with one in particular while she laughs and thinks its a fun 'ol game. Comb everyone's hair, hang towels up, let bath water out and pick up bath toys. Brush the girls teeth. Give Payton her medicine. Go make a bottle for Payton, and a bottle for Stetson. Then begins bed time. Pray, read books, sing songs and wind down. At the end of allll this, I am sweating, exhausted, and ready to hit the hay myself. So that, my friends, is why bath time sometimes gets overlooked.



1 comment:

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...