Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My baby girl.

The more children you have, the more one may get overlooked.... In my case, its Madelynn. Its been on my mind that I need to blog about her and where she is at right now in life. I am loving watching her grow up and learn new thing She is growing up soooooooooooooo fast!! Its like all the sudden she is a real, talking person. Like you can sit down and carry on a conversation with her. Its amazing how just overnight this has happened. Every single day she will say something out of this world and I find myself totally in denial that she knows how to talk like that. I don't mean talk in a bad way... I just mean how in the heck does she know what she is saying?? Just goes to show how much her little 2 year old brain is sucking in every single word, and detail she sees and hears on a daily basis. I have so enjoyed watching her transition from a baby to a person. Nat was amazed by how much she is talking just since the last time he saw her a week ago.

I think its so awesome, the teeny tiny details God put into her. Its like connecting the dots. I see these little things in my kids that make us, as a family, work-able. Things that probably no one sees but me and God. I see how mature, and nurturing, and mommy like my little 2 year old is. Most 2 year olds are reeking havoc on their momma's lives ( and don't get me wrong... she does mine to from time to time).. but most 2 year olds don't have a 1 year old sibling, and a 1 month old sibling. So I see that God has made my Madelynn the way she is because He knew that I would need a lot of help and support as I stay home raise these children. Sometimes Madelynn is what gets me through the long days... I often find myself wondering how I would be doing this if it weren't for her. Madelynn is always up for helping me with anything. She'll bring me the remote when she wants to watch a movie and she knows Im busy feeding Stetson and can't get up. She takes stuff to the trash for me. Gets diapers, and wipes for me. Tends to Payton when she needs help doing something.. like getting in and out of doors, Madelynn will grab Payton's hand and help her. Helps me with Payton when Payton isn't exactly being cooperative and she knows my hands are full with Stetson. She is a sweet, precious little thing to her sissy 98% of the time. She has such a soft, sweet, caring heart.


Payton is usually off in her own little crazy world... gettin into everything. She is the typical "middle child". God made her crazy, and so full of life, and so happy because that fits her. Had she been first in line, life would be just a tad more difficult because she is not a "helper" so to speak, and that is perfectly alright!! Where would we be without that girl?? God knew she would make us laugh. She puts a little spunk in our lives that no one else can.

I look at the little things like that and just smile at God for putting such detail into my girls.

Don't know much about the little man yet... I do know that he is a momma's boy and he likes to be nice and close to me all hours of the day. I also know that he fits right in with us. I can already tell you right now that he is absolutely loved and adored by his sisters. Those girls have loved him since the day he came home. Never a sense of jealousy from either of them. Only love and kisses from them. Makes my heart smile when I see them interact. I know that one day he'll more than likely be in dress up clothes... and will probably play barbies once or twice in his lifetime... but where would those girls be without their bubba???

It all just works and it goes to show the thought, and effort, and perfection God puts into his children.

When I think of God sitting up there in heaven making each person special in their own little way, and perfecting every single little detail. I am often reminded of something I have heard my mother-in-law say from time to time. "If I had had Nat first, there would be no Karl" He knew when he made my special little hellion of a husband that he needed to be #2 because he would one day drive his mother to drinkin (not really..... Not that we know of anyway. ) (lol. JUST KIDDING.) Had Karl been like Nat, then there would be no Nathaniel. There would be no me. There would be nothing for me to blog about. Wouldn't that be just awful?????? :)

Look for the detail in your life, and thank God for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...