Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The look

Ok.. so I told myself I was done after blog #3 but I lied!! I can't ever go to sleep before 2 am anyways so why not write about whats on my mind. I usually do my blogging after hours anyways so I'll just keep on truckin.

I don't to often take all 3 kids out on my own. Not because its like running a triathlon... but simply because there is always someone here to watch 1 or 2, or there is always someone to go with me and help. But really.... it is like running a triathlon. Use your imagination and figure out where all 3 kids will go. If I forget the moby (like I did today)... the car seats gotta go in the cart which leaves no room for anything in the basket and leaves no room for child #1. Get it?? So Madelynn usually ends up walking. Two year old walking through the store= disaster. Everything is new, and fun, and exciting and 2 year olds (even the best of 'em) don't always listen to their momma's... and at times they even might get lost. Maybe even pull all the shoes outta the boxes and make a disaster zone in the shoe dept. Those things may or may not have happened today. Sometimes, if I get smart, I bring the stroller in and push the stroller, pull the basket. But thats not all the time.

So I guess as you can imagine, I am quite the sight to see at the store.... and I get all sorts of looks. Rarely do I walk by someone and them not stare at me. Sometimes its nice, sometimes its a disgusted look. Sometimes people smile, sometimes people offer to help. Sometimes people say stuff like "wow you got your hands full" or "looks like a lot of work"... or my personal favorite, "are they all yours???" Ah that one makes me laugh. Today I heard a lady mumble to her friend "wow, I would stay at home if that were me"... and I thought to myself.... Really?? Would you??? I personally wanna make my kids lives as fun and exciting as I possibly can, so I want to take every opportunity I can to give them that. Even at such young ages. I could sit around all day and mope about this crazy life I have... or I can take it and live to the fullest. Sure I'm the phsyco lady walking through target dropping fruit snacks all over the floor as my 1 year old downs my coke... as my 7 week old screams his head off cuz his mother doesn't have a spare arm to feed him... as my 2 year old wonders off away from me. But hey, its what I've been givin so I'm gonna do all I can to take my 3 kids shopping with me and sit in the shoe aisle trying shoes on my girls for an hour. Sure, a 30 minute quick trip to target by myself turned into 3 hours with my kids. But hey, we did something fun!! I got to take my girls shopping for clothes and shoes. I got to let Madelynn pick out the shoes she wanted. Payton LOVES shoes so she had so much fun trying on different shoes.

When all is said and done, I am sweating my butt off (it is a workout) and I feel good about what I just accomplished!! That is such a mom thing. Some people feel good when they get a raise, or when they get a promotion at work... or if you get a new job. I feel like I conquer mount everest every time I have a successful outing with all 3 kids . The feeling that only another mom would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...