Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ummm... hello???

(Rather than throwing a mile long post at you, I decided to split things up, so this is blog #2 of the day.)

I'm like totally in awe of how much faster life passes you by the more kids you have. I know I talk about this all the time so please forgive me as I ramble on about it a little more. I just wanna pick Stetson up and hold him and smell his sweet little newborn head and stare at him while I feed him his bottle because he is growing and growing. Pretty soon he'll be walking through the house and talking to me and his head will smell like a stinky boy head. Every time I pick him up I just savor the moment because it will be gone all to soon. I am trying so hard to hold on to the memories and enjoy the time I have with him as he is slowly becoming a new baby and taking the next step to getting older. It brings tears to my eyes every time. Not sure why I am feeling a little different about this one. Don't know if its because in the back of my mind I know there is a chance that he just might be the baby... or if I am just realizing how special the time is with him and what he is going to grow up to be. Anyways... with that said, Stetson is now 7 weeks old, and he weighs a whopping 9.5 lbs. Thats some pretty good eatin seeing as he was 5.11 when he was born!! I just don't remember the girls growing this fast. He is already taking 6 Oz.'s... Madelynn didn't take that much until she was like 8 months old!!

2 weeks

7 weeks

He is trying to hold his head up so bad and loves to up when he is awake. So I got the bumbo out and he had his first go in the bumbo.


*flashback
Madelynn's first time in the bumbo
Little baby Payton.

Anyways. As my Stetson seems to be growing bigger and bigger, my Madelynn seems to be going the opposite direction. She has recently been reminded of her baby days and is regressing in the paci department. At first she would get it and just chew on it and play with it and I didn't mind that... then I realized she was slowly starting to suck on it a little more each time. Then it became a scream fest when you took it from her... and it continues to be. That has been a bummer for me. I just wanna let her have it and be a baby again. I had no clue she would actually remember and want that again. It has definitely become quite the issue around here!!
She gets it and goes and sits in his swing, or she'll go crawl in the bassinet!!! Isn't that just awful?? I did the stupid of all stupids and took a picture so she thought she was being cute and asked me to take a picture again as she sucked on it. But how could I have passed this up??

When she realizes she is caught, she takes it out real quick and puts it behind her back like she is innocent. It is amazing how at the age of 2 she has that sinful nature. Any advice on this issue would be welcome!!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow. Stetson looks like two totally different babies in those first two pictures! He is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...