Friday, November 26, 2010

I'M ALIVE!

I know you were thinking I dropped off the face of the earth, but I promise I didn't. This is the first time I've been able to sit down long enough to write! We got everything moved, and now we are officially New Mexicans... well not officially, but kinda. The day my drivers license says New Mexico, It will be official. We had a long day on Tuesday, lots of packing, lots of swimming through our storage room to find stuff we needed, lots of tears and goodbyes... and we made it here around 1 am Wed. morning. Nat and I unloaded everything and got to bed by 4 am! I am still so not caught up and probably should be napping with the girls instead of sitting her typing away...

Were all doing great!! The girls are surprising us left and right with how well they're doing. I was thinking this was going to be a complete disaster judging by the way things went when we moved into my parents house. We moved Payton into a big girl bed with Madelynn (full size) and let me just say WOW!! What a blessing it is to hear them talking and giggling together before bed. She is doing awesome and she now LOVES to get in bed and gets a big grin on her face when we walk in their bedroom for bed time. Madelynn is doing so good too. She has adapted well already. She was just talkin away to everyone yesterday when we were around strange (to them) people. She didn't even show an ounce of shyness. Nat and I just looked at each other and couldn't believe how she was acting. The girls have lots of little cousins here to play with so thats nice. Stetson has been sick and I think he is slowly on the mend. One things for sure, him being a preemie and all, he has caught EVERYTHING. He barely got over the stomach bug and then was onto this congestion crap. Poor little guy, I feel so bad for him. We gave him a breathing treatment and he has been doing sooo much better since then.

(sorry no pics, I don't wanna get up and get my camera!)

Today was Nat's first day back at work since we've been here and lets just say he has been here with us more than he's actually been out working!! I knew this was gonna happen... not that its a bad thing or anything. We are so enjoying him being around. He came home earlier and told me it was just to hard to leave when he knows were here. He has done sooo much work on our little house and it looks so nice and cozy. I'm proud of everything that he has done getting this place ready for us. He even surprised me and went out and bought us a Christmas tree. He's a good guy.

I'm doing pretty well also, aside from being seriously tired and not being able to do anything about it, I think I'll make it. I told Nat the other day that this was a day that I would probably call my mother in law, or my mom so I could have a nap that I so desperately need!! Ha!! Guess I gotta get outta that habit. I did get a tad spoiled while Nat was away. :) I even missed black friday shopping this morning cuz I just couldn't lose that much more sleep. That was a bummer. I got online this morning to order a few things I had wanted to get from the sales, and everything I had planned out to get was sold out. Oh well.. guess it just wasn't meant to be!

1 comment:

  1. hey mara......i shoulda read this post b'fore i asked you all that stuff on my family!! haha
    so glad to hear things are going well. Your family together was probably the best thanksgiving !!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...