Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Heartbreaker.

I know I've told you all about her... the one who flew down the slide and busted her lip good enough to make a trip to the ER. The one who, when she was 3 months old, spiked a fever so high that she had to be hospitalized ... where we found out she had Kidney Reflux... where she has now put mounds and mounds of heartache on us with the torture she has been put through testing for this, and testing for that. The pretty little girl who trips and falls 32 times a day. The one who walks around with bruises on her noggin and bruises on her body. The one who makes my heart beat 10 times faster when I see her running cuz I know there's an 80% chance its gonna end bad. The one who runs into walls, chairs and doors.

Ok, know who I'm talkin about?? If you've been following my blog you know I'm talking about my Payton Elizabeth.


The precious little angel girl has been at it again, and we have now officially checked ER visit #2 off the list. My baby girl woke up soooo hot ...so I got some tylenol in her and the fever went down. Nat, our 2 other babies and my 2 youngest sisters went to breakfast at Ihop and I got to stay in bed with Payton all morning. It was very pleasant. :) We fell asleep together and I awoke to fire in my arms. Of course, thats a rude awakening to anyone.... but especially when its your baby. So I jumped outta bed, took her temp with an ear thermometer.... and it wasn't too high... but kinda high... then the instinct kicked in and I just knew that wasn't right so I took it rectally and sure enough it was flying higher and higher.... and my stomach turned. Once it hit 104.5 I just ran to the bath tub and threw her in the cool water....

do you know how torturous it is to have fever and not be covered up to you neck in blankets?? Well how bout being naked then thrown into the tub full of cool water. blech. I can't even stand to think about it. It pretty much broke my heart into a billion pieces and as tears rolled down my face, I splashed my baby girl with cold water. .. all the while my stomach is turning and turning... praying that her fever would go way down.... and it didn't

I called Nat and told him to get home cuz I felt like we needed to go ahead and take her to the ER.

I've always thought parents take their kids to the ER waaaay to soon before trying to tend to them at home so I've always been really cautious when deciding whether or not to go. (obviously) we've always tended to things at home with the kids but with Payton and her Kidney Reflux, I wanted to get her there to be checked out so we could rule out kidney and UTI's

About 3 hours later, after being roomed with a nauseated woman who vomited approximately 10 times while we were there. The torture of yet another catheter for urine. Payton mocking the poor lady vomiting. Payton laughing every time the poor lady vomited. Payton s c r e a m i n g through the process of anyone laying a finger on her we found out that the urine was normal, perfect.... just what we wanted . Woo Hoo! Then the Dr attempted for the second time to look in her mouth, and wouldn't ya know, her tonsils are super swollen and red. So we left with Tonsillitis!

You would have never known it, nor would you know it right now. I honestly didn't believe the guy when we left... but I looked for myself and sure 'nuff its true!

We left at ease and so grateful we weren't gonna get into anything with her reflux. Only by alternating tylenol and motrin have we been able to kept the fever down so now were PRAYING no one else gets this junk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...