Thursday, June 23, 2011

I created something.

... and it could be good, or it could be bad! We have a second living area that was built onto the house at one point in time... and its now used as the guest room/office area. not really offic-ey, but rather there's a desk in there that holds all the junk that I need to file and a few other deskey type things. So basically, unnecessary and wasted space.

I've had an itch lately. A crafty itch. Right before we moved out of our house in Angelo, and into my parents house I got all crafty and got to know my sewing machine and junk.... and I've always LOVED scrapbooking so, making things with paper and stuff like that also......
So...
I....
Used the space for ALL my craft stuff.


mmm love that crafty mess!!
I know its not ideal, using a computer desk and all... but we got plans... BIG plans. My honey is gonna build me this magnificent craft room in the future. Waaay future. Poor guy's got a looong list of "honey do's" :)

and my heart bubbles just thinking about it. I've always had everything kept up in my closet, and lets face it, when you have to pull everything out, and then clean and put everything up every single day after naptime... lets just say I'd rather just leave it all in my closet. For Mother's day I got my stuff out to make cards for my moms and its been sitting beside the couch since then... just looking... and staring.... and BEGGING me to do something with it.

Me, being the over-achiever, planner, perfectionist that I am.... I started looking around at a few crafty blogs I like to read... and I started looking at Birthday Party stuff. I know, I know my kids birthdays are 1-2 months away. But I couldn't help it!!!!

So my heart started racing, and my palms got sweaty... and my brain started running a million miles an hour with ideas... then the whole craft room thing.... and I went wild! Actually, before I went wild I made this loooong list of things and ideas I had and needed to go to Hobby Lobby ASAP to put it all into action. (I'm just the type of person that has an idea in my head and I have to do something about it or it will never leave me alone) Then I was like --What the heck... I have hundreds of dollars worth of craft stuff right in my closet-- So I started going through everything I had... and my heart bubbled some more, and my mind went even faster and I've created everything with stuff I've had, and stuff I've found laying around outside. Its been pretty awesome to use my imagination with stuff that I have to create a (i think) pretty awesome party for my babies.

A few things:



(just cuz he's cute.... and isn't he looking more "boyish" and not so much like a baby...)




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...