Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A day in the life.


Sooooo.... my memory is failing me. Its sad. Really, really sad.... and life is quickly flying by.. and more and more I find myself not remembering things when my girls were little... ya... like 2 years ago.
I hate it, as I'm a major remember-er.
Like I don't ever forget anything! When I was younger, my mom would rely on my memory for tons of things.
Obviously, as any woman that has been pregnant can attest, I've lost a little more "brain" with each pregnancy, and I think some of it has to do with life right now. Going constantly. My mind always on my 3 kids and life going a bazillion miles an hour it truly is "just a fog" as my mom once told me. Therefore, I'm EXTREMELY thankful for this blog and that I can (and do... very often) look back and am able to remember things!

Any time I step foot out the front door, I feel like I could write a book about my experience. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels like "the crazy lady" in public....
So... I feel the need to remember my crazy experiences of outings alone with my kids.
Ahem.
Well, on the agenda for the day is to:
Leave the house by 9:30 to get to Payton's 2 year check up @ 10:15
Grocery store after appt.
Sounds simple right???
Ya, thats what I thought to.

-So, as usual, I overslept (I'm tttiiirrreeedddd!!!!) and woke up @ 8:30 in a frenzy. Don't you hate waking up like that?!? Check the mirror, decide that I was half way ok not to take a shower since I didn't have time. Threw my hair up in a pony tail. Put on some make-up.
-Start waking kids.
-Girls are up, eating breakfast.
-get their clothes, hair stuff and bows ready.
-Move all 3 carseats from Nat's work truck over to my suburban.
-walk the trash can to its usual location cuz my dear husband brought it up from the front of the property, and left it right behind my suburban.
-Get girls ready
-feed the dogs
-oh wait, don't I have another kid?!?!
-Wake Stetson up and get him breakfast.
-Get Stetson dressed.
-Put dogs in their cage.
-Pack the diaper bag.
-Grab the grocery list.
- and were off!! @ 9:40. WOO HOO!! Success.

-Get 12 miles away from home, realize I walked out the door without Paytons shot record.
-Call Dr. office tell them we'll be late. turn around and go back home for shot records.
-Get home, run in and go potty... get in the car. Oops. No shot records. DUH!

-Finally arrive at the Dr. office... Paytons had an accident in her car seat (YAY!)
-Devour the car only to find that I have nothing to put on her.. in we go with pee pants.
-Get Stetson in the stroller (so I can at least contain 1 if need be)
- in we go! 35 minutes late.
- we stumble in the door, and the kind ladies at the front desk who already know us Roses know just why were here.
- Get the papers I need to fill out and right as I sit down and get the kids situated......
POTTY!
Always, always, always in the potty with these girls.
-get everything loaded back up and go to the bathroom.
- Get back out and start filling out the papers...
-Payton dumps the crayons.
- stop and pick up crayons.
- Secretary lady needs co-pay. Go pay it.
-Payton dumps crayons again. (not sure whats into her.. she NEVER acts like this)
- Finish filling out papers as the girls take a bath in the water fountain.
- Finally called back, get all her measurements which was relatively smooth (10th% onweight. 60th on height and head)
-Get back to a room and Payton goes into freak out mode... (once again not sure why she was acting the way she did.)
-Stetson starts his -I'm gonna throw a royal fit until I get outta this stroller- business (in which he doesn't stop the WHOLE appt.)
-Nice (new) Dr lady comes in and I immediately apologize for the chaos and tell her my husband was out working all night, therefore I had no one to watch my other kids. She's very kind and understanding... and I wanna hug her as she very normally yells over the fussy little boy, the 2 year old who freaks out at anyone she doesn't know, and the oldest girl who wants to be all up in everybody's business and wants to ask 143 questions about the situation.
-time for vaccines. The nurse comes in and says 2 things every mom doesn't wanna hear knowing her baby is fixin to get long needles jabbed into their legs. Uhhhh... her little legs are so skinny... this is gonna hurt. Uhhh-- thanks for the info???!!!???
-2 shots in those skinny little legs and my baby girl is MAD! suckers make everything better.
-Finally get outta there and head to the grocery store.


-Load the kids up in 1 basket. Grab another to pull for all the groceries.
-Stop and get some popcorn chicken (shout out to the deli for the popcorn chicken cups!!)
-On top of it being Stetson's nap time, you can't scarf food in the kids mouth fast enough which involves lots of yelling.
-Just as soon as I think im getting lucky cuz the word hasn't come up...
POTTY!
-Park the food basket, get the kid basket into the bathroom which just so happens to have 3 gallons of milk in it cuz it couldn't fit in the other basket. WM employee walking outta the bathroom notices the 3 gallons of milk and mentions to the WM employee following me in that I have merchandise in my basket. They all follow me in like I'm fixen to steal all that milk. Stand there and watch me as a feeling of shock comes over me that they're indeed watching to make sure I don't steal anything. They leave, and the remainder of the 10 minutes I'm in the restroom there is a WM employee in there with me... like they took shifts to be in there or something?!?!
-walk out a tad disheveled, I forget I still have not gotten frozen stuff, grab the dog food and leave.
-As usual. There are 2 lines open and about 4 people in front of me with baskets full of food.
-This is usually when the kids start going bizerko cuz they've already had enough... I have too and kinda wanna sit on the ground and cry with them.
-WooHoo.. someone left a toy (they didn't want) by the check out. Entertainment for the time remaining.
-Mrs. Bossy tried to take control and in the mean time whacks her brother AND her sister with is and makes them both cry.
-Hold Stetson till its our turn in line (and oh look, his diaper leaked)
- Start putting groceries up so Stetson goes down in the basket. Let the screaming continue. (its Waaaayyyy past his nap time)
-All the nice people behind me try to entertain him which halfway works.
-Load up the groceries, pick Stetson up.
-Manage to start pushing the basket of kids, pull the basket of groceries and hold my son and a sweet angel sent from heaven comes up behind me and offers to help me
-OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!
-Get out to the suburban, change Stetson, load the kids up.
-Start putting the groceries in and another sweet angel sent from heaven gets outta her car and offers to help me load the groceries up.
-OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!
- Were all in the car ready to go home. Stetson's already asleep and its 2:30

5 hours it took me to go to a quick doctors appt and get a groceries.
One day when all 3 kids are on their own, and I can go grocery shopping all on my own I'll look back at this and laugh... I just know it!


2 comments:

  1. I love this post! (for some strange reason:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mera! You're crazy amazing. I feel like I've never had to do all that before, I know I have but it sounds so much worse when it's all written out like that. Bless your little soul. You're a wonderful mother and you're doing the absolute best you possibly can....which is awesome! You're kids are going to thank you someday.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...