Thursday, August 25, 2011

*gulp*

Well the day came, and I survived!!!
Madelynn's first day of Pre-school!! I got a call on Wed. saying they had a kid drop out... (haha... pre-school drop out... that sounds funny) so we were next in line and could take the spot if we wanted to. I agreed.
Then as it always does, my mind went a bazilion miles an hour contemplating everything... and every reason why she shouldn't go.
She's too young.
The other 2 won't survive without her.
I won't survive without her.
She needs to be at home.

It didn't help that the only support I had (Nat) was walking out the door for a meeting in Odessa for 2 days. I told him before he left I needed him to feed me some positive words of encouragement cuz I was struggling with this decision. He did, then he left... and I was left with my thoughts...
all.night.long.

By the night time I was convinced, and it was final that she was not going. But, After talking with my mom about it, she told me that it was normal to feel like this and it would all be ok!

So I decided we'd see how I felt in the morning and not make a rash decision on my emotions and other peoples opinions. (after an extremely horrible, sleepless night cuz my husband wasn't beside me) I woke up feeling pretty positive about it and when she woke up grinning from ear to ear I knew we needed to go through with it.

We GOT OUT THE DOOR ON TIME!!!!!!
Which is something to be praised (hence all the caps)
I found it was much more successful for me to get up before the kids and get myself, breakfast and the day ready before the 3 little people who depend on me started to run my day. I know, DUH!!! Right?? You'd think I woulda thought of that a long time ago.

Mama, being ready or not, we left! "pakpak" on back, and lunchbox in hand lookin all sorts a cute and grown up.
She was thrilled to pieces. I don't think I've ever seen the girl so happy in my life.
We got there, got a few parental things squared away then off to her classroom we went. Met her teacher... and then... she didn't pay me another lick of attention! Which I guess, is every moms dream! Don't think I could have left her had she been crying for me. (cuz remember, I'm that mom.)

All was well. She kissed all her sibs, told me she loved me, asked her teach if she could color, got the markers and papers, and we left. Any doubts I had were washed away at that moment.

Of course, we got back home and all I could think about was goin and picking her up... but I tried really hard to just enjoy some 1 on 1 time with Payton as I can see that that is something she is lacking as the middle child. We had fun together while Stetson napped.

On our way to get Madelynn, the suburban broke down (whoopdie doo!) So obviously, we were gonna be late.... I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get to see and talk to her teacher about the day. I'll look forward to that next Tuesday!

I couldn't get much outta her other than she made a new friend name "e"??? Not sure how accurate that was tho. I enjoyed getting to see her artwork and hearing the few things I could get her to talk about. She was exhausted and conked out as soon as she got in the car.


Looking forward to next Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...