Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rodeo and Fair.

I was pretty bummed back in February, when we had already left TX and weren't gonna be able to go to the Rodeo........ then some little birdy told me that Lovington has their own (rockin') Rodeo and fair! ... and best of all, it was (is) in August... so we weren't gonna be missin a rodeo after all!! Its a pretty darn big deal around here, too. Like quite possibly bigger than the rodeo in San Angelo!! People come from all around to this thing and it is packed! Apart from it just being plain 'ol FUN!!! Its $5 admission for anything and everything. They have some pretty big bands that perform each night... which is all included in your $5 ticket!!
travelin' in style.


First we had to stop and pay our fingers and toes to get a few tickets to ride a few rides.


watch out ere'body.

"hi, i'm really, really cute, and i'm not tall enough to ride anything so I sit here and look all cute"





My personal favorite thing is the Rodeo... but the kids were NOT cooperating so we were only able to watch for 10 minutes or so. Next year, we'll definitely get a sitter one night so we can enjoy the Rodeo more... oh, and the concerts. I love my kids to death... and I would do anything for them, but really, sometimes the parents need to get out an have a little fun....
and pretending to be monsters:


and climbing in huge tires:


and being silly:



......while waiting patiently for a concert you both really wanna watch... when its already and hour and half past bedtime, falls under one of those times where you just dont drag the kids along.

But we did, and we waited and waited and waited for The Eli Young Band to come out... listened to a couple songs.. snapped a (far away) photo to prove that we did indeed see the concert... then left. With 3 tired, grouchy kids in tow,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...