Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The "S" word.

No, no, no... not that S word.
The SCHOOL word.
My dear, sweet Madelynn.... oh that girl.
She needs structure
she desires structure.
she thrives on structure.
She's a very smart little girl and has a great desire to learn.
she begs me for friends.
she wants a teacher.
she wants to get in her little pink car and driver herself to school (yes, she asked)
she wants to leave us!!!!!!!

Awhile back, at her 3 year old check up, there was a little girl... maybe around 6 or 7.... and Madelynn clung to her and told me all about her new "friend" ....This (actually, rather rude) little girl didn't want to pay Madelynn any mind, but Madelynn tried and tried to get the attention of that girl, and rude as she was to Madelynn, she continued to talk about her "new friend" the rest of the day. It was kinda sad, but at the same time it opened up my eyes to a need she has that were not giving her.

So I started calling around to extra extracurricular activities. Dance, gymnastics and stuff like that and she was too young for all of it. I was bummed.

We live in a small town, one without much option for anything at all. No Mother's day outs. Nothing like stuff that is offered in San Angelo... and Hobbs is bigger than where we live, and offers a little bit more than we have... but still doesn't touch the options that you would have in a bigger town. It stinks.

So then Madelynn starting obsessing over school... all the back to school talk and Naynay and kaykay going back to school... its just got her little clock a tickin and she has been begging me to go to school.

Then comes up the topic: Homeschool VS. Public/Private school.
I've prayed about that matter but never like dug in deep and needed to make a decision. Obviously, being homeschool myself, and Nathaniel having also been home schooled.. and us being a Faith based family, and not wanting to conform our children to this world... Homeschool would be the way to go.

But, I just haven't felt the "tug" to homeschool. Especially Madelynn. I've always felt that the decision to homeschool would be dependent on the child and I think if I chose to keep her home, I would be holding her back from her full potential.

Many a phone calls later and making the decision with her daddy, we've decided to take the plunge and let our baby fly! Well... kinda, the one pre-school that we agreed on is called Noah's Ark Pre-school... and there's a waiting list. :/ She's not understanding to well that were gonna be waiting. HOPEFULLY not too long. But, I know that it will all happen in God's timing.

After trying to explain to her that we'll have to be on the waiting list until "They call" and she can go, she says: " mama, dey gonna call.... Ma-lynn, Ma-lynn, Ma-lynn, Ma-lynn you can go to school now." It was sooo funny. She always succeeds in making you laugh.

She is ECSTATIC. She is more than ECSTATIC. if thats possible.
Didn't think I would have this attitude towards the matter, but I really can't wait for to her to go either. I know how great it will be for her.

1 comment:

  1. i totally understand, believe it or not my kaelynn is a social butterfly herself and when we do our school at home she only begs for more...her big thing...she wants to ride a bus!! an ole yellow dog...and im like honey you are NOT missing a thing!! Good luck Madelynn you will do GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...