Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentines. Foot. Chicken pox.


This is gonna be one of those Im gonna look back and laugh posts. :)
I guess I will start out with a HAPPY thing. 
Valentines Day!! 
Who doesn't love a day full of love and sweetness?!?! I know there are Valentines haters out there, but, I'm not one of them, Yes I love my husband and treat him special every day of the year. Yes, I love my kids and treat them special every day of the year.... but Valentines day is just a day where you get to really show the love. We got our 3 little sweeties Valentines goodies, and to say they loved it would be an understatement.










Bub was a late riser that morning, and lets be honest, he woke to candy and was a happy man.



*My foot*
Remember how were still in the process of the kitchen remodel?? remember, cuz I haven't showed you the "after" picture from our kitchen cabinets??? Yes, we are. 
and thanks for asking, yes my type A, OCD personality is OUT OF CONTROL with the slight mess that is going on in our back room.... and no kitchen cabinets to cover the "mess"... that's not really a mess at all because I'm severely organized and there's not a 1 thing out of place.... but just having to look and see EVERYTHING is a "mess" to me. Shout out to all you type A's out there who know what I'm talkin about!!!!
 ANYWAYS.... can you tell I'm a little bitter about this?? 
So Nat was putting the drawer pulls on the drawers (hooray!!!) and he left the screw gun, with a drill bit on it, on the ground. I walk to fridge to get something out. Not looking down, I kick the drill bit mid foot, and it slices all the way almost to my toes. Ya, didn't feel too hot. At first I was like, whatever, it wasn't that bad. I looked at it and didn't think much of it... then upon further investigation by Nat, it was bleeding and sure enough, sliced. Not enough to go to the ER.... but enough to not be able to walk on it and to be put out of commission. Nat wrapped it up and I've been "mothering" with a limp and a sore foot. Here's to hoping another good nights sleep and that much time not on the foot will close it up enough to be able to walk on it!!

*Chicken Pox*
Can you believe it?? Who actually gets chicken pox these days?? Apparently my Stetson James does.
I slowly started noticing that he was getting these red spots on his thighs and groin area, but just thought I'd watch and see what would come of it. He hadn't had fever or anything but HAD been SUPER fussy and not sleeping well.
Next morning they were spread down his legs, were way more red and REALLY looked like chicken pox.... but surely not. He's been vaccinated! After asking peoples opinions, everyone agreed that's what it looked like.

Hooray for Chicken Pox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not.

We are benadryl-in
caladryl-in
and PRAY-in
that this doesn't spread to the girls and/or Nat.
Please pray with me!!! We have an exciting trip coming up that we've planned for months now and I think we will all be devastated if we can't go!!!










As of this evening, legs, groin, arms, hands and feet are pretty covered. Like I mentioned before, he was having trouble sleeping, and now that we know why he wasn't sleeping well, I think we both felt bad for not knowing how to help him and what was/is wrong with him. He's not acted itchy, but now it all makes sense as to why hes been so fussy. Who wants to be all sorts of itchy and not know whats going on, and what to do about it. Poor little man. :( 
Thank you Benadryl!!

1 comment:

  1. You know... I used to think maddelyn looked just like sharron. Now I think she looks exactly like the little micaela(sp?) I used to watch at HEART. Crazy!

    And poor little stetson. Vaccine shmaccine.

    ReplyDelete

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...