Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Psalm 127:3

It has been approximately 11 years since I contributed anything to society. 
ELEVEN years. 
I've been sitting at home, **eating bonbons.
...and I deal with some major guilt over this. About every 2 months my poor husband (Mother Teresa himself) hears a big 'ol blobbery speech about how I haven't provided financially for our family, how our kids are noticing that Mama doesn't have a "job" and how I'm getting a job TOMORROW. 

My baby was starting kindergarten the next year, and I was figuring out what was next for this Mama who'd been home raising little ones for 7 years.... Then I did as I always do and 
I GOT PREGNANT.
and I was like hold up, Jesus. This wasn't what was "next" for me... and He was like, hold up girl, this IS what's next for you. I have one more being that I need you to give your all to, to love, cherish, teach and send out into the world. 


So, about every 2 months when I give my speech to my darling, not only does he remind me that this is what I wanted, but I can go get a job if I feel like that's what I need to do... but also precisely the next morning after the Lord gives me a sec to take a deep breath and re-evaluate my life, He reminds me what I AM contributing to society... and its more than anything else I could ever possibly do. More than the debt we could chip away at much faster. More than being around adults, and having adult conversations. More than feeling a tad more useful in this world than doing dishes, washing laundry, and wiping butts. 
These are my arrows. 
We are in the process of creating strong, sharp, effective arrows that one day their daddy and I will shoot off into this world. So I sit here, in my pj's still (a perk to the job 🤷‍♀️) my dryer just buzzed, the dishwasher is running, my 2 year old little angel boy is crawling all over me in between puzzles and cars, and my big 3 were sent to school this morning, covered in all sorts of prayers, and known that they are deeply cherished by their Mama and Daddy. Painful as it can be, we are slowly loosening the grip on those 3 as our "'job" shifts with each new year and we get closer to putting our first arrow in that bow. 
She's 10.5.
By all accounts we have about 8 years left until that major shift. 
That's scary.
But I can know that although I am not anywhere near perfect, I gave her my everything. That I will have given them each my everything. That the pain will produce goodness. That these looooooong days are truly just super short years. 
Although being a "stay at home mom" is such a simple task (HA!) I know that I will contribute 4 world changers to society and for me, that's bigger than anything else I could be doing.



This is my story.
My contribution to society may not look like yours. We need workin mama's, we need homeschooling mamas, we need mamas who keep businesses running smoothly, we need mamas who teach our babes that we send to school each day, we need mamas that will nurse our loved ones back to health. We need mamas who are providers.  
Don't ever look at your situation and compare it to mine....and except for every 2 months (hehehaha) I will not look at your situation and compare myself to you. It takes each and every one of us to make the world go round, so know that wherever your baby is, daycare, grandparents, babysitter, with their daddy who works opposite your schedule, Moms day out... wherever they are, they're loved, and they know their working mama loves them just as much as a stay at home mama.
and besides, 
Mama's rule the world!!!!!!!



Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward for him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in ones youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.


**Eating bonbon's:
-washing a million loads of laundry a week
-doing dishes 48 times a day
-changing diapers for years at a time
-potty training
-having bodily fluids on them at least 876 times a week
-packing lunches
-rising before the chaos to shower and have a sec
-reading to littles
-homework
-making dinner... (and not making dinner)
- grocery shopping
-kissing booboos
-disciplining
-making sure out of town trips go smoothly
- holding crying babies in the middle of the night
-spending 23 of the 24 hours in a day breastfeeding a newborn baby
-sleeping 3 hours after a long night and getting up and doing it all over again
-knowing each specific love language your child speaks
-filling sippy cups
-making sure bills are paid on time
-comforting sad hearts
-laughing at stupid jokes
-basketball practice x3
-dance class
-gymnastics
-teaching them to tie their shoes
- dentist appointments ever 6 months
-check ups every year
….and it goes on and on and on.
Oh, and somewhere in there we gotta make sure our husbands are taken care of... and we all know what kinda job that is 😉😉😉



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...