Thursday, December 13, 2018

The horror

In full transparency (and with an added filter to glamorize it a bit,👌🤣) this is how we woke up this morning.


2 year old.
cereal bar squished into the bed.
crumbs everywhere.
My side of the bed completely disheveled  after a night of tossing and turning.

This fool came to our bed last night as he has done for approximately the past 947 (for reals, for reals... I just did the math) nights of his life. Give or take a few.
and CUZ I JUST WANNA SLEEP... I gave him everything he wanted. He coulda told me he wanted a pet lion and I would have given it to him.
All for the love of sleep.
My alarm went off, my eyes rolled with a little attitude after another long night and I got up to get ready for the day.... as I looked at the little devil sleeping slightly horizontal so that he can be sure and touch both his Mama and his Daddy, the cereal bar, the crumbs...I whispered to myself: 
someday the boy is gonna sleep. 
He's gonna sleep in his own bed. 
He's gonna make me soooo mad when he wont wake up and get ready for school. 
Someday his daddy and I will not be woken by the sound of little feet running to our room.
….and then I melted into a puddle cuz he's the cutest blonde headed thing that ever existed and I love him so much... and he can sleep with us whenever he wants. 
This is motherhood.
Feeling 2 things so completely at the opposite ends of the spectrum in the very same second.
P.S. This is the product of that sweet little "connection" you get breastfeeding and co-sleeping with that little bebe.
You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dawn

 I sent my 13 year old to 7th grade, my 12 year old to 5th grade, my 11 year old to 4th grade, and my 4 year old to pre-k4. After 13 years o...